Yes - A visa is required for travel to Korea (South)

Saturday, November 17, 2018

A valid passport and E-2 visa are required to teach foreign languages in South Korea.

Send these documents to Travisa


Passport Requirements:

Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in South Korea, with at least one blank passport page available for South Korean visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for South Korea visas.


Korea (South) Visa Application Form:

One original South Korean visa application form. After placing your order, fill out the application form included in your Visa Application Kit. Provide the Confirmation of Visa Issuance Number at the top of the application form.


Photo Requirements:

One recent (taken within the last 6 months) 2 x 2 passport photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/light background.

OR - you can upload a photo when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.


Other Forms:

-Certificate of academic degree or diploma
-Employment Contract
-Documents regarding establishment of school or organization
-Letter of personal reference (notarized)
-Korea Consuls Checklist completed and printed
-Korea Teacher Health Statement printed and signed
-Official Transcript (sealed)
-Copy of driver's license or state issued ID


Criminal Record:

Washington, DC: Criminal Record with attached Apostille.


Special Instructions:

A personal interview with the consular officer is required. Some applicants will have to appear in person, while others may be able to interview by phone. The consulate will determine the date and time of the interview.

This is Travisa's service order form, where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the visa processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to Travisa with all other supporting documents.

Click here for Korea (South) Consular Fees and Visa Processing Times

Visa Validity:

The visa will be issued according to the visa approval (confirmation of visa issuance) granted in Korea.

Register your trip with the US Embassy:

The US State Department strongly encourages American citizens planning international travel to register with the US Embassy(s) in the countries they plan to visit. Registration notifies the US Embassy in each country of your travel plans and enrolls you in the State Department travel advisory and warnings program. Feel more secure about your international travels by having Travisa register your trip with the US Department of State; simply complete the form on your visa application kit after placing your order.

Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.

How to Apply for a Visa to Korea (South)

  • Review the requirements to apply for your visa
  • Gather your documents and complete the forms
  • Ship your documents to our office

Where to Apply for Your South Korean Visa

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Atlanta :

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virgin Islands

Travisa - Atlanta
5775 Glenridge Drive, Building B, Suite 320
Atlanta, GA 30328
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Boston :

Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont

Travisa - Boston
33 Broad St, Suite 703
Boston, MA 02109
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Chicago :

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin

Travisa - Chicago
111 East Wacker Drive, Suite 512
Chicago, IL 60601
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Houston :

Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas

Travisa - Houston
2 Greenway Plaza Suite 200
Houston, TX 77046
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Los Angeles :

Arizona, (in the state of California, the counties: Alameda, Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura), Nevada and New Mexico

Travisa - Los Angeles
5757 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 570
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in New York :

Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Washington

Travisa - New York
60 E. 42nd Street, Suite 106-107 Lobby
New York, NY 10165
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in San Francisco :

In the state of California, the counties: Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Marin, Mendocino, Merced, Modoc, Napa, Sacramento, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Shasta, Siskyou, Solano, Sonoma, Tehama, Trinity and Yolo, Colorado, Nevada, and Utah

Travisa - San Francisco
555 Montgomery Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94111
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Washington, DC :

District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia

Travisa - Washington, DC
4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 250
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: 877-876-3266